These cookies are simply amazing. I got the recipe several years ago from my husband’s aunt, who brought them to all the family functions. They were always a huge hit!
They do require a little bit of effort, but they are oh-so-worth it!
Below is the recipe. Or you download the printable recipe.
2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 cup cocoa
1 t. baking soda
1 cup sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup softened butter/margarine (2 sticks)
2 t. vanilla
1 c. pecans
48 rolos (9 oz. package)
1. Mix flour, cocoa, and baking soda in a bowl and set aside.
2. Soften the butter in the microwave.
3. Combine the butter (I softened it a little too much, the sugar, and the brown sugar.
4. Beat until fluffy. Then add the eggs and vanilla and beat again.
5. Add the dry ingredients.
6. Meanwhile, use your food processor (I have a Ninja and love it) and finely job the cup of pecans.
7. Add 1/2 of the pecans (1/2 cup) into the cookie batter. Stir.
9. Unwrap the rolos from their foil.
10. Using a cookie scooper, scoop out the cookie dough and place the rolo in the center.
11. Pat the dough over the top so the rolo is fully encased in the cookie dough.
12. Roll each ball in the sugar and pecan mixture.
13. Place on a cookie sheet…
…and bake at 350 degrees for 7-10 minutes.
Inside, the rolo has melted into chocolatey, caramely deliciousness.
Run! Go get the ingredients you need for these gifts from Heaven. And you might want to pick up some pants in the next size, while you’re at it. :)