Match capital and lowercase letters with these alphabet turkeys. Use any word (like “Thanksgiving” or “Give Thanks”). It is great reinforcement for matching capital and lowercase letters! Or you can even help your child practice recognizing the capital and lowercase letters in his/her own name!
Here’s what you’ll need: construction paper, a piece of cardstock (to make the template for the feathers), scissors, glue, and googly eyes (we received compliments of CraftProjectIdeas.com).
1. Cut out your turkey body and use the cardstock template to make feathers in every color.
2. Spell out “THANKSGIVING” with capital letters on each feather.
3. Spell out “thanksgiving” with lowercase letters on the body of the turkey (a semicircle cut from brown construction paper).
4. Have your child match the feathers with the capital letters to the lowercase letters on the body of the turkey.
5. Let your child decorate the turkey. Ours has googly eyes, an upside-down beak, a smile, and some hair. :)
To create a turkey featuring your child’s name, follow the steps above.