I only wear jewelry that has meaning to me. I wear three pieces of jewelry nearly every day…my wedding ring, an opal ring from my grandmother, and a fingerprint necklace that was made when Big Brother was 5 months old.
I ordered my first necklace from Tina Steinberg two years ago after my friend Kristen got one with her daughter’s fingerprint. And because I wanted another one for Little Brother, I just ordered my second (the “Love Squared” Design). When you place an order on Tina’s website, she mails a fingerprint kit. The kit includes clay for the mold and specific directions for acquiring a fingerprint. Once you follow the instructions, you send the mold back to Tina and she creates a one-of-a-kind piece of jewelry with the fingerprint of your little pride and joy!
As I said, I wear my necklace nearly every day and I absolutely LOVE IT. I am terrible about taking jewelry off…so it even gets worn in the shower (which I’m not sure Tina would necessarily approve of–but it hasn’t damaged it a bit). Big Brother’s name and birth date are inscribed on the back of the necklace–making it that much more personal. It is a piece of jewelry I will treasure for the rest of my life and I’m so glad I’ll get to add Little Brother’s fingerprint to the necklace as well!
When I started this website, I tried to think of “parent products” that I love and could ultimately share with you. The first on my list of favorites was my fingerprint necklace, so I contacted Tina and she was so gracious to offer one of her amazing pendants for a giveaway.
The winner will receive a Round Up My Love pendant (valued at $135). This sterling-silver pendant includes an imprint of your child’s fingerprint plus 2-4 mm of border space around the print. It also includes a two word inscription on back and a jump ring. It does not include a chain.
Here’s how to enter the giveaway:
You will have 48 hours to enter. I will randomly draw a winner on Thursday morning at 10a.m. You can enter five separate times by doing each of these five things. Enter once or enter five times, it’s up to you! Just make sure to leave a SEPARATE comment for each entry:
1. Follow me on this website or subscribe via e-mail, then leave a comment saying you have followed or subscribed. If you are already a follower or already subscribe, leave a comment telling me that as well.
2. “Like” I CAN TEACH MY CHILD on Facebook and leave a comment telling me you did this. Again, if you previously done this, you still qualify.
3. “Like” TINA STEINBERG DESIGNS on Facebook and leave a comment telling me you did this.
4. Visit Tina’s website and leave a comment telling me what your favorite piece of jewelry is.
5. Finally, copy and paste this message as your Facebook status: I just entered to win fingerprint pendant from Tina Steinberg Designs through I Can Teach My Child–a website for parents of children ages birth through 5 years. You can enter too! Just go to http://www.icanteachmychild.com/.
Remember…leave a separate comment for EACH ENTRY. After 48 hours (Thursday morning at 10am), I will randomly draw a winner. Good luck!
If you do not win the giveaway but still want to purchase one of her beautiful pieces of jewelry, Tina has offered free shipping using the code “freeship”, good through August 6th.
And here is a picture of our family (prior to Little Brother) at my cousin’s wedding. You can see I am sporting my favorite necklace…which can be found in nearly every picture I have of myself because I always have it on!