I recently discovered the blog 100 Days of Real Food (which most of you probably know about…I must have been in the dark). We’re trying to eat healthier, so this blog has given us lots of great recipes and ideas! One of these ideas is making microwave popcorn in a paper bag! I had no clue that you could do that…but it works great!
This would be a fun snack to enjoy after reading…
Here’s what you’ll need: a brown paper lunch sack, popcorn kernels, olive oil (or butter), and salt.
1. Measure out 1/4 cup of popcorn kernels.
2. Dump them in the bottom of your paper sack.
3. Fold the top 3-4 times and put in the microwave.
4. Microwave for 1 1/2 to 3 minutes in the microwave (depending on your microwave…ours too 1 1/2 minutes). Stay close by to listen for popping and take out when there is 2-3 seconds between pops. It can burn easily, so make sure you stick close to the microwave.
5. Add your toppings and either shake in the bag or mix in a bowl. A little Olive oil and sea salt tastes great!
What’s your child’s favorite healthy snack?
*Please note: Use extreme caution and do not leave your microwave unattended. One commenter said her dad’s microwave caught on fire popping popcorn this way.