Forget the candy and stuffed animals…this printable tear-away Valentines Day Coupon Book for Kids is the perfect gift for your child this Valentines Day! I have been wanting to do something like this for our boys for a while now and I think they are finally at the ages where they will really appreciate a gift like this! This gift encourages family time together and keeps giving long after February 14th has come and gone! Here are a list of the coupons included: -Family Movie Night -Family Pizza Night -Ice Cream on the Town -Late Bedtime -30 minutes of Extra Screen Time (this will be Big Brother’s favorite, I’m sure) -A date just with Mommy -A date just with Daddy -Soda at Dinner -10 minutes of extra snuggles before bed Print the following on card stock:
You’ll also want a sewing machine (optional–to make perforations), a paper cutter (to cut straight lines), a hole punch, and ribbon to bind it together.
1. Cut the top, bottom, and right borders off of each coupon. IMPORTANT: DO NOT CUT THE WHITE AREA TO THE LEFT OF EACH COUPON (between the image and the edge of the paper).
2. Remove all the thread from your sewing machine and then sew along the edge of the coupon (it will just make tiny holes in the paper).
See the tiny holes? Those are your perforations.
4. Put all of the coupons on the inside of the cover. The back won’t completely enclose the coupons (it will be too short), but that is fine.
5. Use a hole punch to punch two holes in each coupon and the cover. Make sure the holes are located at the exact same place so that you can bind them together.
6. Use a ribbon to tie the coupon booklet together.
The perforations make it easy to tear out the coupon! :)
Would your child enjoy and appreciate this Valentines Day gift???