We had lots of fun making this beaded rainbow. We all pitched in on each individual color and took our time. Putting the beads on the pipe cleaners is great for fine motor development!
Here’s what you’ll need: Pipe cleaners (aka fuzzy sticks), pony beads (we got ours for free from CraftProjectIdeas.com), and some yellow playdough (for the pots of gold)!
1. Gather your pipe cleaners and twist one of the ends together.
2. Trim the pipe cleaners at an angle (you could really probably skip this step…it didn’t make a whole lot of difference).
3. Let your child get started adding the beads to each pipe cleaner.
4. Leave the last inch to inch and a half empty.
5. Twist the remaining ends together as well.
6. Add the yellow playdough to make the pots of gold.
There’s nothing like a rainbow to add a little color to your life!