We love eating Edible Dirt so we decided to make Edible Sand! This is a delicious vanilla-flavored version of the original “dirt” recipe. My boys were so excited to make this the day that got out of school for the summer!
It is so delicious, I had several more helpings than I should have. This is great to serve for parties or get-togethers as it can easy be made in individual size clear cups (or even tiny sand pails). Just add an umbrella for an extra special touch!
Here’s what you’ll need:
1. In a large bowl, mix the pudding mix and milk according to the package instructions.
2. Add the Cool Whip to the pudding.
3. Cream butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar together. Add to the pudding mixture.
4. Using a food processor (or blender), grind the Golden Oreo’s until they are a sand-texture. My wimpy food processor can only handle 6 Oreo’s at a time.
5. Alternate the pudding mixture and Oreo’s in a sand pail. End with the crushed Oreo’s on top.