I’ve been keeping a secret from you all for the last couple of months…I’ve been working tirelessly on a brand-new eBook titled I Can Teach My Child to Read: A 10-Step Guide for Parents. I am so excited to announce that it is available TODAY!!! In honor of the eBook launch and because I am so thankful for each of you, I am offering this eBook at half-off for just $1.99 (regularly $3.99) through Saturday, January 12th as a PDF or Kindle Version!
“Children are made readers on the laps of their parents.” -Emilie Buchwald
If you have spent any time around here, you know that I am passionate about parents being their child’s first teacher (hence the name of the blog). Whether your child will attend a public school, private school, or be home-schooled…you are and always will be the most important teacher in her life. There is no better person to begin the lifelong process of teaching your child to read than you!
In this book I share the basic fundamentals of teaching a child to read in simple, easy-to-understand language that can be implemented the minute you set this book down. After reading this book, I hope you will feel equipped and empowered to begin teaching your child to read!
What You Can Expect to Learn From This Book:
- A balanced approach towards reading with comprehension and enjoyment as the ultimate goal.
- The importance of reading aloud to your child even after she has become a proficient reader herself.
- Tips for teaching your child to identify the letters of the alphabet within her environment.
- Activities that promote literacy while incorporating multiple senses and areas of development.
- Comprehension strategies that ensure your child is remembering and retaining what she has read.
- Simple phonemic awareness activities that you can easily incorporate into your daily routine.
- The necessity for teaching phonics and sight words.
- Decoding strategies that will engage your child.
- Tips on choosing “just right” books for your child to read independently.
Are you ready to dive in? Great!
Grab the PDF version by clicking below. This will allow you to download and print the eBook.
Or get the Kindle version here:
Also, if you are a teacher and would like to print a copy for each family in your class, you can buy the classroom version for $15. It is identical to the original in every way, but the copyright allows you to print up to 25 copies.
Do you have a blog, a Facebook page, or perhaps even a few friends you think might benefit from reading this book? Become an affiliate and receive a portion back from every sale!