I am SUPER excited to share this with you today! Even though I am totally on board with letting my kids be bored some this summer, we also want to have a little fun too! After all, we only have 18 summers with out kids until they are grown and gone! I’ve been working on this Interactive Summer Fun Printable Planner for a while now and I think it is going to make this summer super awesome!
There are a few things that set this system apart from others. First and foremost, each activity card has the QR code embedded in it! No more searching your Pinterest board or Facebook feed to find that one activity you wanted to try with your kids…all you have to do is use the QR code scanner app on your phone/tablet and- voila! – the full tutorial is right there! This also keeps your children from having to search on Google. Search engines and adolescents scare the bejeebies out of me…so we avoid that altogether and keep the internet safe. :)
Secondly, there are 5 categories of activities. In theory, you will choose one craft stick per category (color) each week to try (five sticks total). I have left some blank cards for each category in case you don’t like my suggestions or you want to add an activity of your own!
Field Trips (I included a few generic ideas but left more blanks for you to personalize to your area)
Here’s what you’ll need to put together your Summer Fun Printable Planner:
Coordinating Colors of Washi Tape
1. Download and print the Summer Fun Printable Planner.
2. Cut out the individual cards.
3. Add coordinating colors of washi tape to craft sticks and numbers 1-10 (or 11 and 12).
4. Put the cards on a keyring and store next to the craft sticks.
5. Each week, have your child choose 5 sticks (one of every color). Pull out the cards that match the color/number of the sticks chosen and write down the materials you will need for that week (I use Walmart Grocery Pickup– it is honestly the best thing since sliced bread). When you are ready to do the activity, scan the QR code on the card and get started! (If you don’t know what a QR code is, it is just a quick way to access a specific web address. You can download a QR code scanner app for free on your phone.)
Here are just a few of the activities included:
…and much, much more!!!