1 Rhodes Frozen Bread Loaf (or you could make your own dough)
1/4 lb. sliced deli ham
1/4 lb. sliced deli salami
6 slices of provolone cheese
1 egg yolk
(Unfortunately, I don’t have pictures of the first couple of steps since I didn’t even think about putting the recipe on the blog until later.)
1. Thaw the frozen bread dough according to the package directions. I normally set it out on a greased cookie sheet in the morning and loosely cover it with a piece of greased Saran wrap. Let it rise until doubled in size (5-8 hours).
2. Punch down the dough and roll it out until it covers your cookie sheet (or jelly roll pan). Place the ham, salami and cheese on top (covering the entire area, minus about an inch from the edge). Sprinkle with a little bit of Italian seasoning and garlic powder.
3. Roll it up (long-ways) and seal the ends. Turn it over on the cookie sheet so that the seam is facing down.
4. Beat one egg yolk and brush on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and garlic powder.
5. Cook at 350 degrees for 25 minutes, or until the top is golden brown. Like this…
Wait 5 minutes before slicing
(please excuse my terrible cookie sheet…I shouldn’t be trusted with aluminum cookware apparently)
Not the most healthy meal…but oh-so-delicious! Enjoy!
What is your go-to meal??? You can see some other great ideas on quick and easy dinner ideas from Facebook readers here.