As part of the tie-in with our thematic unit on oceans and beaches, we have been learning about the story of Jesus helping his disciples fish.
To go along with this story, we decided to make our very own net full of fish!
Here’s what you’ll need to make one as well: a paper plate, fingerpaint (markers or crayons would work too), construction paper, clear plastic wrap, and a Sharpie marker.
1. Have your child use the fingerpaint to completely cover the entire paper plate. Let it dry.
2. While he is painting, cut out the fish from construction paper. I just stacked 3 pieces of different colored paper together, folded them, and cut them out.
3. Once dry, place the fish onto the paper plate. Cover with clear plastic wrap.
4. Pull it as tight as you possible can without ripping it and tape the back.
5. Using a Sharpie, draw “net” lines on the plastic wrap.
That’s it! Now let your child retell the Bible story using her very own net full of fish!