These Rainbow and Pot of Gold treats for St. Patrick’s Day are lots of fun to make, albeit a little time consuming. They would make a great teacher gift, gift for a friend, or just a fun way to surprise your kids on St. Patrick’s Day! Who can resist Skittles, a little chocolate wrapped in gold, and marshmallows?!?!
1. Break open the giant bag of Skittles. Wash your hands (and those of your little helpers).
2. Separate the bag of Skittles into individual colors. This is excellent practice for your child–both cognitively (sorting and classifying based on color) and for fine motor practice (those Skittles are tiny!).
3. Tear a piece of waxed paper and roll it into a ball.
4. Put 4 golden chocolate coins into the bottom of the Solo cup and then put the waxed paper ball in the center to hold them upright.
5. Layer the Skittles on top of the golden coins. Top with marshmallows for clouds.
6. Wrap the cup in cellophane and tie with a ribbon!
Be sure to check out our favorite rainbow activities as well!