Dr. Seuss Activities and Crafts
Dr. Seuss is one of my favorite children’s authors because his stories both captivate the attention of young children and teach important literary concepts such as rhyming and alliteration…all while telling a great story!
Another great element of Dr. Seuss’s books is their ability to be transformed once the book itself is closed! All of the Dr. Seuss crafts and Dr. Seuss activities below are based on his beloved books and are hands-on and lots of fun.
1. Dr Seuss “The Cat In The Hat”
Build the Cat’s Hat: Easily differentiated for various skills like counting, patterning, word families, and more!
Cat in the Hat Ice Cream Snack from Motherhood on a Dime
2. Dr Seuss’s “A B C” Book
Write letters in shaving cream after reading Dr. Seuss’s ABC’s
3. “The Sneetches” by Dr Seuss
4. Dr Seuss “I Can Read With My Eyes Shut”
5. Dr Seuss “10 Apples Up On Top”
6. “Green Eggs And Ham” by Dr Seuss
7. Dr Seuss’s “Bartholomew and the Oobleck”
8. “Please Try To Remember The First of Octember” by Dr Seuss
9. Dr Seuss “The Lorax”
10. “One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish” by Dr. Seuss
One Fish, Two Fish Printable Placemat and Activity from Obseussed
11. “There’s A Wocket In My Pocket” by Dr. Seuss
12. Dr. Seuss’s “The Foot Book”
Fizzy Footprints (inspired by The Foot Book) from Toddler Approved
This post was first published February 2013. Updated 2018.