Here is a fun snack to make with your little one. The Jello takes about 4 hours to fully set, so you’ll want to leave enough time to make them before you plan on eating!
Here’s what you’ll need: Berry Blue Jello, 2 cups boiling water, 2 cups cold water, clear plastic cups and Gummy fish (we used Finding Nemo Fruit snacks).
UPDATE: I would recommend using “Swedish Fish” or another type of gummy fish rather than the fruit snacks…they disintegrated into the jello after a while and got to be pretty mushy. Big Brother didn’t seem to mind one bit, though!
1. Pour the Jello into the bottom of a large bowl. Boil 2 cups of water. Once the water is boiling, carefully pour and stir it into the bowl until fully dissolved (about 2 minutes).
2. Add 2 cups of cold water and stir.
3. Pour the Jello mixture into individual clear plastic cups so that it is half to 3/4 full.
4. Refrigerate for 40-45 minutes.
5. After 40-45 minutes, remove the cups and place the fruit snacks into the liquid (with clean hands, of course). It should already be firm enough that they won’t immediately sink to the bottom. Swish it gently to remove the evidence of little fingers being inside. :)
6. Put the cups back into refrigerator for another 3 hours or so. After that, they’re ready to enjoy!
1 Box of Jello should make around 9 cups, depending on the size of your cups.
Feel free to use ideas at your home, school or anywhere else you learn and play. If you wish to share any posts or photographs from this site on your blog or website, you may use one picture with a link to the original post. Please do not repost/duplicate the whole tutorial or distribute printed content without written permission from the original author.
Posts from the Archives
Adult Supervision Required
Unless otherwise stated, each of the activities shared on this blog require adult supervision at ALL times. Children under 3 should not participate in any activities that involve small pieces.