A while ago, I saw on a website that someone made edible sand with the Golden Oreo Cookies (similar to Dirt in a Cup). I couldn’t remember where I saw this, so I did a quick Internet search and found this one.
I bought the pudding mix and Golden Oreos without first looking at the recipe. Big mistake. And since I refused to go to the store in order to buy another package of Golden Oreos, it turned out extremely puddingish and not at all sandy like it was supposed to be. Yes, I just said puddingish…I like to make up words. :)
1. In a large bowl, mix the pudding mix and milk according to the package instructions.
2. Add the cool whip to the pudding. Again, I would recommend using actual Cool Whip, not the spray kind (which is all we had).
3. Cream butter, cream cheese, and powdered sugar together. Add to the pudding mixture.
4. Using a food processor (or blender), grind the Golden Oreo’s until they are a sand-texture. My wimpy food processor can only handle 6 Oreo’s at a time.
5. Alternate the pudding mixture and Oreo’s in a sand pail. This is ANOTHER place where I messed up…I just mixed it all together instead of layering it. End with the crushed Oreo’s on top. I promise you, it will look like actual sand if you follow the directions correctly. :)
It was delicious irregardless of my major flaws in following directions!