Do you eat breakfast together as a family? Do you converse while eating or is it rushed and hurried?
Scholastic and Kellogg’s® Frosted Mini Wheats® believe that every day is a BIG day! They have teamed up to encourage families to spend time together while also earning free Scholastic books (and the chance to win other awesome prizes) through Monthly Mini™ Missions. Log in and complete the Mini™ Missions for each month and your family will receive 2 free Scholastic books. In addition, you are automatically registered to receive some really awesome prizes for your school and community as well in the sweepstakes. Be sure to register your family here.
November’s Mini™ Mission is called “Conversation Bites”. The Mini™ Mission requires that families engage in meaningful breakfast conversations before school at least 5 times during the month. If you know me and my disdain of mornings in general, you know this was a major challenge for me. We rarely eat breakfast together as a family. The boys typically eat breakfast with Daddy (while I am upstairs trying to drag myself out of bed). Whenever Daddy is out of town or has to leave for work early, I hurriedly throw something on a plate for them while I am getting ready for the day. This is definitely not an ideal way to start the day.
We decided to try this month’s Mini™ Missions and ate breakfast for 5 days. To make it more fun and engaging, I decided I would come up with 5 Breakfast Conversation Starters to get the family talking (and laughing) together.
Here are 5 questions to spur on a meaningful breakfast conversation:
- If you could be any superhero, which one would you be? Why?
- Name one of your favorite things about each person in our family.
- If you could be any character in a book, who would it be? Why?
- If you could meet anyone in the whole world who would you want to meet?
- If you could go anywhere on vacation, where would it be?
Our boys’ responses were entertaining and surprising at times. Most of all, it allowed us to talk and communicate in the morning before we all went our own separate ways (or at least some of us, anyway). We were able to connect before the busyness of the day began…which was a wonderful blessing that I have been missing out on for far too long!
There are exactly 5 days left in the month of November, so it’s not too late to jump in on this month’s Mini™ Mission (and earn your Scholastic books). If not, be sure to try December’s Mini™ Mission, which is called “Give and Get Back” For this Mini™ Mission, work together as a family to think of ways to help others and put your ideas into action. Complete 3 projects that give back to your community or others in need. No action can be too small!
Monthly Rewards for Families Include:
- 2 Scholastic books when your family completes each Mini™ Mission. 5,000 book sets awarded each month. *While supplies last.
Monthly Sweepstakes for School and Communities Include:
- $25 Scholastic Teacher Store Online gift cards. 100 gift cards awarded each month.
- Scholastic book sets for classrooms. 20 book sets awarded each month.
- $200 grants for PTO/PTAs. 10 grants awarded each month.
- Book Nook Library Makeover for a local community center or organization. The Book Nook includes more than 1,200 Scholastic books, shelves, beanbag chairs, reading-themed rugs, an audio listening center and more! One Book Nook awarded each month.
What are you waiting for? Work together as a family to complete this month’s Mini™ Mission!
Kellogg’s® Frosted Mini-Wheats® and Scholastic have partnered to bring you the Every Day is a Big Day program, created to benefit families, schools and communities across the country.
Your family is invited to complete monthly Mini™ Missions to get free books for your family. Also, each month you’ll be entered into a sweepstakes for the chance to win one of 131 valuable prizes for your school and community. As you earn books and enter the sweepstakes, your family is sure to have a blast and learn something new along the way!
Start here and register for your first monthly mission!
This is a sponsored conversation by me on behalf of Kellogg’s(R) Frosted Mini-Wheats(R). The opinions and text are all mine.