Happy Birthday, Dr. Seuss!!! You are 108 today!
Big Brother woke up with a fever this morning (again) and he was so bummed he missed his Pajama Party with green eggs and ham. I tried to console him by assuring him that we would make our own Green Eggs and Ham!
The only problem was…we didn’t have any ham. So we had green eggs…and blueberries instead. :) Deviled eggs sounded really good to me today, so I selfishly chose to make the eggs this way instead of the usual scrambled.
Here’s what you’ll need: 4 hard boiled eggs, 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise, 1 squirt of yellow mustard, a splash of Worcestershire sauce, and green food coloring.
1. Boil your eggs and let them cool.
2. Peel the shells off the eggs.
3. Cut each egg in half…
…and scoop out the yolks.
4. Use a fork to smoosh the yolks. No, smoosh isn’t really a word, but I couldn’t think of a better one at the moment!
5. Add 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise, a squirt of mustard, and a tiny splash of Worcestershire sauce. Mix.
6. Add your green food coloring…
and mix well.
7. Put the yolk mixture into a plastic zip-top bag and cut a tiny hole in the corner of the bottom of the bag.
8. Squeeze the egg mixture into the egg whites.
All ready! We ended up sprinkling some Paprika before eating them.
What’s your favorite way to eat green eggs and ham???