We have been having so much fun with this Peek-a-Boo Christmas Tree! It is a cross between our Peek-a-Boo House and Toddler Approved’s Photo Christmas Tree. Little Sister has loved peeking under the ornaments to see our special pictures!
We used some pictures from our recent holiday happenings (like Little Sister’s unhappy visit with Santa), but you could also use pictures of relatives or friends that you will be visiting this holiday (as a way to familiarize your child with these new or unfamiliar faces).
Here’s what you’ll need:
Travel Baby Wipes Container Tops
Various colors of Craft Foam
Hot Glue Gun
1. Rip the hard plastic part of the travel wipe container away from the film (it is glued on pretty thick, so it will take some effort). :)
2. Place the top of the wipes container onto your picture. I didn’t have any printed pictures readily available, so I just printed them on card stock using my home printer and then laminated them. There should be enough adhesive on the top of the wipes container, but you can hot glue if you want a stronger hold.
3. Cut out a triangle shape from your green poster board (I just eye-balled it). Make the wipes tops into ornaments by using a glue gun to hot glue craft foam circles on top. I cut some ornament hangers out of craft foam as well (pictured at the bottom of the photo above) to make it look more authentic.
4. Attach your tree to the wall. I used Frog Tape and it has held up well! You could also use regular painter’s tape…I just liked that the Frog Tape was green. :)
5. Let your child get busy peeking at the pictures on the Christmas tree! (FYI: The Pampers wipe tops were much easier to open. The generic brand had to be “popped” open, which was very hard for my toddler)
She thought it was pretty fun!
Looking at her picture with Santa. :)