I often go to the grocery store by myself on the weekends, but occasionally I’ll take the boys with me. Inevitably, someone ends up getting upset about not getting the preferred oatmeal or the candy at the checkout counter.
Our Zoo Scavenger Hunt was such a hit with the boys that I thought it would be fun to make one for the grocery store!
You can download and print the one I created, but chances are your grocery list doesn’t look the same as mine, so I thought I would show you how to make your own as well.
1. Think of the things you buy most frequently. Take pictures of those items the next time you go shopping. Yes, people will look at you weird and ask you what you’re doing. Persevere, my friend!
2. Open a new Word Document.
3. Type your title at the top.
3. Insert a new table. Go to “Table” at the menu on the top and then select “Insert Table.” Insert the number of columns and rows you prefer, mine was 3 columns and 4 rows.
4. After that, drag the little square at the bottom right of the table to resize the table.
5. Type the item at the top of each section of the table and then insert your pictures. Put your cursor inside each square of the resized table and then go to “Insert” and “Picture from File.”
Print and enjoy!
Remember, you can also use mine. Just click and print!
Try it out and tell me how your children like it! I’ll update with more pictures once we use it at the store. :)