Looking for the perfect “snacktivity” for the children at your Christmas Party? Make these Christmas Tree Dirt Cups for a fun and engaging treat!
Dirt Cups are one of my favorite desserts to serve to kids, especially if you are feeding a lot of them at once! They are DELICIOUS, individually portioned and are easily to customize for nearly every season/holiday. We have made Pumpkin Patch Dirt Cups, Teepee Dirt Cups, and Easter Dirt Cups. And then there is the traditional and ever-popular “dirt and worms”.
These adorable Christmas Tree Dirt Cups are also perfect for Christmas parties because they double as a snack and an activity in one! Children will love decorating their Christmas tree! The most time-consuming part of this recipe is icing the waffle cones. Otherwise, adorable Christmas desserts don’t get much easier than this!
Ingredients for our Christmas Tree Dirt Cups
(makes 10-12 cups)
- 1 package of Oreos
- 2 boxes of Chocolate Pudding (3.9 oz size)
- Milk (4 cups)
- 10-12 Waffle Cones
- 9 oz. clear Solo cups
- Green Frosting
- Assortment of Christmas Candy Decorations
Instructions for assembling this simple Christmas Dessert:
*Please note, some links in this post may be affiliate links.
1. Gather your supplies.
2. Prepare the pudding according to package instructions.
3. Crush the Oreos using a food processor (I used my Ninja), blender, or in a gallon-size baggie using a rolling pin.
4. Layer the cups (crushed Oreos, pudding, crushed oreos, pudding) until the cups are two-thirds full.
5. Use a spatula to spread the green frosting all over the ice cream cone. You might also have to snap off a small amount of waffle cone at the top to make the cone more even.
When it’s finally time to decorate…
6. Place the iced cone into the dirt cup and stabilize.
7. Put your candies into some mini muffin cups before serving.
8. Let the kiddos start decorating!
I hope you enjoy making these Christmas Tree Dirt Cups!