This is yet another one of our favorite meals…although it doesn’t rank quite as highly in Prince Charming’s book as the other recipes I’ve shared before. I love this recipe because it makes a TON, making it perfect to freeze or take to someone needing a meal. Go here for the printable version.
“Husband’s Delight” is similar to a lasagna, only you use extra-wide noodles instead. Like these…
1. Boil water and cook noodles according to package directions.
2. While noodles are cooking, brown 1 lb. ground beef…
…and drain. I use paper-towels to sop up the grease and then just throw them in the trash. My mom taught me how to do it this way and it seems to make much less of a mess. Just be careful not to catch the paper towel on fire!
3. Add 2 cloves of minced garlic (or you can just use the equivalent of the store-bought kind like I do).
4. Drain noodles.
6. Add 1 jar of spaghetti sauce to the ground beef. We use good ol’ Ragu.
7. Add noodles to the beef and spaghetti sauce mixture. Mix well.
8. Soften 6 ounces of cream cheese…
…and mix with 3/4 cup cottage cheese and 1/2 cup sour cream. Add some chopped onion as well (I never measure, I just dump some of our frozen chopped onions in there).
9. Portion out half of the noodle mixture into the casserole dishes. Yep…it makes a bunch! This recipe made enough for two 8×8 pans and one 6×8 pan.
10. Spread some of the cheese mixture…
…and top with the rest of the noodle mixture.
11. Sprinkle with some mozzarella cheese (or you can use cheddar if you don’t have mozzarella). Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes.