Water balloons are so much fun for the summer! But besides being a great way to burn off some energy, they can also be a surprisingly good learning tool! We used water balloons to create this sum splat game to practice some simple addition.
Here’s what you’ll need: Water balloons, chalk, a permanent marker, and a water balloon pump.
1. Fill your water balloons with water. We use this water balloon pump that has a tying feature (no more sore fingers!).
2. Write your numerals on the balloons with a permanent marker (we did 1-5).
3. Write all of the possible sums on the pavement using sidewalk chalk.
4. Get your balloons (and kiddos) ready.
5. Have your child choose two balloons and add them together.
6. Splat the sum with the water balloons!
What is your favorite thing to do with water balloons?