2. While you’re doing this, have your little one get started tearing pieces of red construction paper.
3. Once you have a big enough pile to start out, let him begin placing the pieces of construction paper inside the apple cutouts.
This was a great opportunity for us to talk about “inside” and “outside.” :)
4. Cut another piece of contact paper the same size, remove the backing, and carefully place it on top of the apples.
5. Cut the apples out.
6. If you choose, write the fruits of the spirit on the apples using a Sharpie: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, and self-control.
7. Punch a hole in each of the apples.
8. Thread the yarn through the holes.
9. And hang! I happened to conveniently already have this “Fruits of the Spirit” sign hanging above our kitchen sink!