This craft is so simple yet so fun! We made these toilet paper pumpkins in my son’s first grade class last year for his fall party and it was wonderful as the kids were able to complete it in their center rotation (which was about 5-7 minutes). There weren’t a lot of materials to haul along and they were relatively inexpensive (if you can find cheap toilet paper).
The other great thing about this simple craft is that after Halloween is over, you can just tear off the tissue paper and use the toilet paper for its intended purpose. No need to store it…just make more next year! :)
Here’s what you’ll need:
Cheap Toilet Paper
Black Craft Foam or Felt with the sticky-back
1. Lay the piece of orange tissue paper flat on a surface. Turn the toilet paper roll onto its side.
2. Center the corner of the tissue paper onto the toilet paper and gently roll. Use a small piece of tape to secure the tissue paper.
3. Stuff the extra tissue paper into both ends of the toilet paper roll.
4. Cut out the jack-o-lantern face from the craft foam/craft felt.
5. Remove the sticky backing and secure to the toilet paper.
6. Add rafia at the top by pushing it down into the center.
Little Brother had tons of fun making several of these cute pumpkins!