This recipe has three ingredients and will take you 10 minutes to make! It doesn’t get much better than that…And it may just be the most talked-about dessert at your next holiday gathering!
My mom used to make this when we were growing up and we’ve enjoyed making it too. For the past few years, however, we haven’t been able to find the Peppermint ice cream. Needless to say, when I saw this limited edition peppermint ice cream at the store today, I was thrilled!
Here’s what you’ll need:
1/2 container of Peppermint Ice Cream (ours was Edy’s)
1 container of whipped topping
chocolate pie crust (or you could make your own oreo pie crust)
1. Scoop out half of the container of peppermint ice cream.
2. Put it into a mixing bowl along with a container of cool whip.
3. Mix on the lowest setting, mine was on the ‘stir’ setting. (BTW: I’m loving my new YELLOW Kitchen Aid mixer that Prince Charming and the boys got me for my birthday/Christmas!!!) If you don’t have a mixer with the paddle attachment, just do what I did in our pre-mixer days and get your buff husband to mix it for you! Don’t use the whisk attachments on hand mixers as it will “whip” it way too much.
4. Put the mixture into the chocolate pie crust. (If you’re making your own oreo pie crust, you’ll obviously have to do that step first.)
5. Meanwhile, let your little one help you crush up a candy cane with a spoon!
6. Put in the freezer for AT LEAST 3 hours, but preferably 4-6. Or better yet…overnight!
I was attempting to take a picture of the pie when little fingers just couldn’t wait to dig in…literally!!!