This post was first published March 2013. Updated 2019.
Just in case I couldn’t convince you all at 4th of July or at Christmas, these sugar cookies seriously are the best ever! And obviously, they are easily adaptable for any holiday with the help of some trusty St Patrick’s Day shamrock cookie cutters. Read on for the full recipe for our St Patrick’s Day cookies!
Making St Patrick’s Day Cookies
The boys are great helpers!
Green icing or glaze for our shamrock St Patrick’s Day cookies.
The frosting is actually a glaze that hardens shiny and smooth!
St Patrick’s Day Cookies Recipe
½ cup sour cream 2 tsp. corn syrup
1 egg, beaten 1 tsp. almond extract
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. lemon juice
2 ½ cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. baking soda
½ cup butter, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
½ cup sugar
2 tsp. milk
1. Cream butter and sugar.
2. In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
3. Mix in sour cream, eggs, vanilla, and lemon juice.
4. Add the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
5. Cover and chill in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
6. Roll 1/8 thick on a floured surface and cut with cookie
cutters. MAKE SURE you roll the dough thin enough. They will
puff up slightly during baking, so they need to be really thin when
7. Bake 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.
8. Let cool.
9. Frost the cookies using popsicle sticks or new paintbrushes and let
the glaze harden.
Go here to print out the recipe>>> St Patrick’s Day Cookies
Looking for another fun St Patrick’s Day Treat?
Check out 17 St Patrick’s Day Treats For Kids