How did your first week go? This week has been invigorating for me. There’s something about stepping out of my selfish ways each day, if only for a few minutes, that has made a huge difference in my overall attitude towards life.
Here’s what we did this past week. But I need to make myself clear…I am not telling you these things to toot my own horn. I am as selfish as they come, I assure you. There is nothing in my life worth “tooting”. But I’ve found sometimes it is nice to hear what others have done to give me ideas for what we can do!
Tuesday: Took a meal to a friend
Wednesday: Picked roses from our rosebushes and took them to my grandmother
Thursday: Made “cheer” signs for my brother’s first professional indoor soccer game
Friday: Paid for the person’s order behind us in the drive-thru
Saturday: Picked up a golden retriever running around in a very busy street and took him to the vet on his collar (this obviously wasn’t planned)
Sunday: I admit it, I kinda dropped the ball on this day. We taught Sunday school at church, went to lunch with my family, I met up with with my best friend from high school for a while (who I haven’t seen in several months), and then we had a family birthday party. Excuses, excuses…
Monday: Left a chocolate bar with a note for our mailman (who is extremely cantankerous and will never even wave at us…hopefully it brightened his day a little bit)
And here’s my plan for this next week (again, in no specific order). You’ll see several ideas I planned to do last week repeated. I want to have a plan, but I also want to be open to the Spirit’s leading. Things will occur to me that we might do instead of the “plan”.
- Freezer Cooking for a friend (using this printable)
- Bake & deliver pumpkin bread for our neighbors
- Write 2-3 handwritten notes of encouragement and include a drawing from the boys as well
- Pack our Operation Christmas Child box (with our small group on Sunday)
- Pay for someone’s order in the drive-thru behind us again (using this printable)
- Let someone go in front of me at the grocery store (this might be the most difficult for me…especially if I have the boys with me).
- Take cookies/treats to the fire station with a “thank you” note.
How about you? How did the first week go for you? Leave a comment or link up your own blog post below!